Craft time! ♡
DIY Sharpie ideas have been all over the Internet since day one and I thought this would be a nice addition to the craft community ╭( ･ㅂ･)و
As usual, I made sure it was a project that wouldn’t cost more than a cup of coffee and wouldn’t take up more time than I would spend lounging in a cafe. I have weird benchmarks I know.
Model: iPhone 4S (white)
Monsieur Apple was created within 15 minutes. It’s a classy minimalist design for white iPhones. Basically all you need is a clear iPhone case and a black Sharpie. Before you proceed, please make sure your black permanent marker has an extra fine tip because otherwise you might not be able to draw fine details such as the tips of the moustache. The Sharpie I used in this project was the Industrial Extra Fine Permanent Marker. I also used a hard phone case rather than the usual rubber ones.
Although this design works best for white iPhones, theoretically you could also try it out with a black iPhone + white permanent marker. Unfortunately I have not tested this out since the local art shop doesn’t sell fine tip white permanent markers!
“DIY Gentleman iPhone Case”
Tools & Materials
Clear iPhone case (available on Etsy or eBay)
Extra fine tip black Sharpie
Clear nail polish (optional)
- Tape a piece of tracing paper on top of the Apple logo at the back of your iPhone.
- Sketch your design with a pencil. Make sure it’s symmetrically balanced and appropriately aligned with the Apple logo.
- Fit the clear case onto your phone.
- Fill your design according to the tracing paper beneath the case with an extra fine tip black permanent marker. You may have to go over the design a couple of times to ensure that it is evenly colored.
- Let your phone case dry overnight and finally remove the tracing paper.
- Coat your design with a layer of clear nail polish for a longer lasting effect (optional).
Have an amazing Sunday! x